Get the one-on-one attention you deserve in preparation for high-stakes, real world situations.
What do Studio A.C.T. coaches do?
Our coaches teach students to be seen, heard, and understood at their personal best. Many students seek individual attention from a coach in preparation for graduate school auditions, booking a gig, or nailing a presentation at work. A coach’s feedback is typically directorial. For that reason, many students who register for private coaching also take “regular” Studio A.C.T courses.
Who are our coaches?
Studio A.C.T. coaches are drawn from our exceptional faculty roster. They are all industry professionals with distinguished careers as artists and educators. The coach that is assigned to you will depend on their availability. If you sign up for more than one session you will be paired with one coach only. You may request a specific coach, but Studio A.C.T. cannot guarantee that the coach you request will be available. Coaches include Patrick Russell, Lauren English, Drew Khalouf, Jessica Kitchens, Matt Chapman, Liz Anderson, Timothy Huls, Nancy Carlin, and others.
Our coaches can help you:
- prepare for auditions of all kinds
- interpret direction from auditors
- converse with casting directors knowledgably
- select headshots and resumes
- choose appropriate audition attire
- select new audition monologues
- finesse the transition between contrasting monologues
- rehearse the perfect slate
- make bold choices based on research and textual analysis
- break down scenes and monologues into “beats”
- scan Shakespearean text
- learn basic dialects
- develop your online profile with feedback related to your personal website and/or social media profile(s)
How do I sign up for individual coaching?
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request private coaching. Each session is 60 minutes and will be held in a studio at 30 Grant Avenue in San Francisco.
1 Session $115
After you register for an individual coaching session, a date and time for your coaching will be scheduled in consultation with the Studio A.C.T. Conservatory Associate.
Please note: While Studio A.C.T. makes every effort to accommodate a student’s particular interests and academic needs, we recommend that students only register for private coaching if they have specific material such as a monologue, audition sides, or presentation that they’d like to work on.
© 2016 American Conservatory Theater-a tax-exempt 501c3 nonprofit organization. Number 94-6135772.