A.C.T.'s Young Conservatory (YC) Summer Program Assistant positions provide hands-on training in theater education and arts administration. Program Assistants are vital to the success of young actor training in the YC. Positions are available to incoming and current college students interested in education and non-profit administration.
Assistants will work under the guidance of the YC director, YC associate, and our teaching artists.
- In-classroom support to our teaching artists through assisting with our students’ training.
- Supervising the students on their breaks.
- Work behind the scenes in the A.C.T. Conservatory Office by assisting in the daily business of the school.
Dates: June 10–August 19. Applicants must be available for at least 4 weeks during the session.
Hours: Please have general availability from 9am to 5pm. (Hours most likely will vary within this time frame. Final schedules will determined before applicants start day.)
Compensation: Partial commute stipend awarded at the end of commitment. One free Studio A.C.T. course of your choosing. Access to A.C.T.’s performing arts library, and complimentary tickets to all A.C.T. productions.
How to Apply
Application deadline is April 14, 2017. Applicants will be notified no later than May 12, 2017.
Completed applications are accepted by email and should include the following items:
All application components submitted by email should be in Microsoft Word and/or Adobe PDF file formats. Please note that Adobe Acrobat Standard or Professional is required to submit the application cover sheet by email.
- Application: Please fill out this form completely.
- Personal Statement: This statement should be no longer than one page and include the following: what you expect from an A.C.T. internship; your career objectives; your experience and/or education in theater; and the qualities you possess that qualify you as a candidate for the YC Summer Program Assistant position. Your personal statement should reveal information about yourself that may not be represented in your résumé or recommendation.
- One Letter of Recommendation: This letter may be submitted separately from the rest of your application but must be received by April 14, 2017.
All email submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not call or email to check on the status of your application. However, if you have relocated, your situation has changed, or you've accepted employment elsewhere, we would appreciate a letter or email.
YC alumnus and program assistant Darren Criss in Glee
YC alumnus and program assistant, and playwright Itmar Moses, whose plays have been commissioned by such reputable theaters as Berkeley Repertory Theatre,The Wilma Theater, the Manhattan Theatre Club, and Playwrights Horizons
YC alumnus Beth Behrs on the hit TV show 2 Broke Girls
© 2016 American Conservatory Theater-a tax-exempt 501c3 nonprofit organization. Number 94-6135772.